Mathews Local Schools Activity Fee Guidelines
The Mathews Local School Board of Education instituted an activity fee reduction for athletics in grades 7-12. The purpose of this fee is to offset the expenses the BOE incurs while providing comprehensive athletic programs. The activity fee is for students who choose to participate in extracurricular activities that are supervised or coached by an individual employed by the district.
Please make check or money order payable to:
Mathews Board of Education
Attention: Athletic Fee
4096 Cadwallader Sonk Rd.
Cortland, Ohio 44410
Please note there is no payment plan available. All funds will be handled by the Mathews Board of Education.
There is a required fee $75.00 for high school athletics (per sport, per athlete). There is a $75.00 fee for middle school athletics (per sport, per athlete).
- If a check is returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), the participant will be immediately removed from the activity and will not be permitted to rejoin until a cash payment is made that covers the expense of the activity, as well as any fees charged by the bank for processing the NSF check.
- The fees must be paid in full by the first official day of practice. High School and Middle School athletics should be paid at the Mathews Board Office.
Payment Due Dates
Fall Sports Payment Due August 1, 2019
Winter Sports payment Due October 28, 2019
Spring Sports Payment Due March 6, 2020
- A student who is academically ineligible to begin the season but plans to practice with the team because he/she anticipates becoming eligible prior to the season ending must pay the activity fee.
- The Activity Fee DOES NOT guarantee any student playing time. Please refer to the Parent-Student Athletic Handbook regarding issues to discuss with a coach.
- No refunds will be issued after the season or activity starts (first mandatory OHSAA practice dates). Unless one of the following exceptions are met:
- A sport or activity is cancelled due to insufficient members.
- Student does not make the team.
- A student suffers a season ending injury prior to the first game (doctor’s verification required).
- Athlete is permitted to go out for a sport after the starting date, fee payments will be accepted after the start date, but before the individual can begin practice.
- Student moves out of the District prior to the first game.
- Student becomes academically ineligible before the first mandatory practice set by the OHSAA.
- Activities will be offered only when qualified coaches and advisers are available and hired by BOE.
- If the minimum number designated for a particular sport is not reached by the deadline dates that particular activity will be cancelled.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Mathews Athletic Department
- Family Cap at $375
Activity Fee Structure
HIGH SCHOOL FEES | $75.00
HS Cross Country
HS Indoor Track
MIDDLE SCHOOL FEES | $75.00
MS Cross Country